I love watching Fleur work through challenging behavior with others. It reminds me how much more I need to work on myself.
- Spending time with her older cousins, she doesn’t accept their unfair behavior.
- She used to just cry. A year ago, she would tell me “no, sir!” Or sometimes just cry. Now often she has the vocabulary to tell me after getting over the crying. We have work to do getting to the point of expressing the need instead of crying. Baby steps.
- There is also this sense of not wanting to disappoint us. So, when she does something wrong, she experiments with deceptions. Some of my favorites:
- The stuffie did it.
- The stuffie told me to do it.
- It was her cousin.
There is also the good:
- Organizing play dates. When Fleur and Lyra (the best friend from the Friendship post) get picked up at the same time, they emerge from the building, they tell both parents their plan. It might be dinner or the park.